Tyler Mason is a Hokie!
Virginia Tech has added piece No. 4! Mount Airy (N.C.) running back Tyler Mason has picked the Orange and Maroon.
The 6-0, 190-pounder is a three-star ranked the No. 17 rising senior in the Tar Heel State and the No. 39 running back nationally.
Mason is the fourth commitment of the class, and the second-highest ranked, behind only quarterback Davi Belfort. With his pledge, he brings the Hokies' class to No. 31 nationally.
Mason is a highly-productive back in lower levels of high school ball in North Carolina. He led his team to a 15-1 record and a state championship this Fall in the 1A division. He carried the ball 173 times for 2309 yards (13.3 per carry) and 49 touchdowns. He also caught one 10-yard pass - his team only threw it 97 times all year, which makes sense given the productivity of the run game.
• See the Virginia Tech recruiting class and Rivals.com Team Recruiting Rankings with Mason in the fold.
•Why VT? Read it in Mason's own words.
• See what he'll bring on the field with a look at his junior highlight reel.
• Where does Rivals.com National Director of Recruiting Adam Gorney rank it among Saturday's big recruiting moves?
• See the impact he will have on the rest of the 2024 class and the future of the VT program.
• Chat about Mason's commitment and all things Hokies on our premium message board, The Gobbler.
Stay tuned for much more to come on Mason's commitment.
Chat about this story and all things Hokies and Hokie recruiting on our premium message board, The Gobbler!
Tips/questions/concerns? E-mail publisher Tim Sullivan here.
Not a HokieHaven.com subscriber? Join today for access to all our premium content and message board community.