- Another tough loss, another ugly performance for Virginia Tech. It looks like the Hokies won't make a bowl. If this continues, they certainly will not. The 38-17 loss to Clemson summed up the entire season. It's going to be interesting to see what coaches are on the staff next season.
Article Continues Below
- The play-calling had a questions. Fourth and short and you give it off tackle to redshirt freshman running back
- A lot of credit has to go to the defense. It just got warn down over time, but allowing only 10 points in the first half gave Tech a chance. Unfortunately, the interception return pretty much sealed it.
- The Tigers weren't spectacular offensively but did just enough. They converted when they needed to and the visitors simply did not.
- Again, the turnovers were vital. You are never going to win that way, giving the ball away four times, while taking it away only once. The only real positive, aside from the team being off next week, was seeing Thomas gain almost 100 yards on the ground. More designed runs are needed for the big man, not just simple sneaks up the middle that are getting stuffed.
- Florida State's win against Miami gives Virginia Tech new hope. The next game against the Canes, on a Thursday night, may be the division decided. Maybe...
- Tough loss for Maryland. A field goal make away from being 5-2. It's been a wacky year in the ACC.
2. Florida continues to get it done, hammering South Carolina. Now the Gators face Georgia in what should be a fantastic game. Can UF keep it going? Quarterback
3. Texas Tech's three-overtime win over TCU was quite the contest. The Red Raiders have beaten West Virginia and the Horned Frogs and look to keep on trucking with two games coming up against ranked opponents. Texas Tech travels to Kansas State next week before hosting Texas.
4. Two undefeated teams are flying under the radar still in Mississippi State and Oregon State. The Beavers have to travel to Washington next week in a good test, but the Bulldogs will be under the spotlight, travelling to No. 1 Alabama. Let's see what you've got, Mississippi State.
5. Game of the week next Saturday is clearly Notre Dame at Oklahoma. The Irish's national championship aspirations rest on this game. Win here, and they should cruise until the season finale against USC. Is Notre Dame for real? The team has been fortunate the last two weeks. Can the luck continue?