- Never thought We'd see a team this poor under Frank Beamer. It's the worst Tech showing in over 20 years, and it's just a disastrous season where nothing seems to go right. Junior quarterback
- The team has never lacked effort this season, but it's like a big puzzle where none of the pieces fit. Plenty of young players have received valuable time and should develop into great players, but many would rather this season end now.
- Thursday, at Lane, Florida State comes to town. A daunting task, yes, but it's a chance to forget most of what happened this season and try to end on a high not. Can the Hokies pull the upset?
1. It was astonishing what Alabama was able to do with little time late in the fourth quarter against LSU.
2. A lot of people are still doubting Kansas State, who is No. 2 in the BCS. What more do you need to see? Three wins over ranked teams in three weeks, a win at Oklahoma and a blowout of Miami, what more is there? With games against TCU, Baylor and Texas, the team should be able to run the table in the regular season and is legit national title contender. And, while
3. But, is K-State better than Oregon? Wouldn't that be quite the battle to see? The Ducks put up 62 on USC, but their defense isn't nearly as good as the Wildcats' or Notre Dame. If both win out, K-State makes the national title game.
4. The Fighting Irish may have been caught looking ahead, struggling to beat a lowly Pittsburgh team in three overtimes. Notre Dame doesn't have a legit quarterback and that will likely prove costly later on this season. With ACC foes up next in Boston College and Wake Forest, USC is the last game of the season, and the only real threat standing in the Irish's way of perfection.